How To Create Your Own "Eat, Pray, Love" Experience In Bali Indonesia
Where is Bali? Bali is the most famous of the thousands of islands in the Indonesian archipelago. It has been a tourist favorite for decades and is certainly one of the top destination in the world. The book "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert pushed Ubud, Bali's cultural heart, into the spotlight due to its beautiful scenery and budget friendly destination. Why Bali? Bali has always been in my bucket-list because it's an island that has something for everyone. It's a place that attracts adventurers, party animals, romantics, and even the nature lovers. There are so much to do in Bali that is why you will never get bored. But when I think of Bali, I think of a place that is exotic, a place to relax, rejuvenate, a down to earth lifestyle, and a laid-back atmosphere. As a nature lover, my mission in Bali was to find peace and serenity. I wanted to do exactly how I imagined myself being in Bali. I wanted to experience tranquility, find my inner spirituality, release stress, focus on health, and be surrounded by this beautiful little green paradise. If this is something you would like to accomplish yourself, I've listed 8 things on how you can create your own version of "Eat, Pray, Love" experience in Bali. 8 Must Do's To Create Your Own "Eat, Pray, Love" Experience In Bali, Indonesia 1. Find The Perfect Accommodation Bali is surrounded by amazing accommodations that you can choose from. From lavish resorts to affordable hostels, you will find a place that will perfectly fit exactly what you are looking for. Privacy isn't hard to find especially if a private villa is in your mind. You will be surprise on how many private villas that you can find at unbelievably affordable prices. (Resort: Maya Ubud Resort & Spa)
("A secluded location in a very natural environment")
("An environmentally sustainable resort, offering a variety of accommodations in a natural and beautiful setting")
(The property was absolutely amazing - including the whole staff. I had a wonderful experience staying here.)
2. Explore Every Kind of Natural Beauty For Serenity Bali has every kind of natural beauty. From the stunning beaches, glorious mountainous areas, flower gardens, to iconic rice fields. Nothing can give you a better serenity than being surrounded by nature. (Sinabung & Mt. Batur)
(Tegallalang Rice Terraces)
3. Absorb Bali's Spiritual Culture The Balinese are spiritual people who have a lively religious scene. They are predominantly Hindus. Most of their houses are built and furnished with a small temple, at which they use to pray every day. Many travelers come to Bali in search to purify their inner sense of spirituality. The Tirta Empul Temple is a very popular place known to purify your soul. According to legend, Hindu religion bathe in the holy water to ward off evil. Many tourists come to this particular place to experience a truly special cultural tradition. (Tirta Empul Temple)
(Tirta Empul Holy Water)
4. Eat & Learn About Bali's Healing Teas Not only that Bali is known to be a vegan/vegetarian friendly destination, they are also known for their healing teas. The natural humidity and the rich mineral soil in Indonesia is ideally to produce some of the most amazing teas. Their tea contains a powerful combination of natural herbal ingredients that have been used by Balinese healers for hundreds of years to heal and cure illness such as; arthritis, asthma, allergies, stomach aches, headaches, joint pain, digestive problems, fevers and many more.
(A famous local drink -turmeric smoothie. The locals told me that they drink this to prevent them from getting sick.)
(And of course, do not forget the food.)
5. Self Reflect & Do Yoga Have you ever felt like you are carrying the whole world on your shoulder? lost and confuse about where you at in life? So much pressure in your everyday that you just want to get away to find a peace of mind? A quiet time to self reflect is necessary to break free from the hassle of life. Sometimes, you need to feel the independence to find time to discover the person you want to be, or the things you want to do. Sometimes, you just need to reconnecting with your self and be in a journey to a silent retreat in Bali. Focusing on yourself and meditating in silence is what you just might be looking for. Have you tried YOGA? Bali and Hinduism, it's no brainer that this is a preferred destination for a lot of yogis around the world. "There is no Yoga without Hinduism and no Hinduism without Yoga" right? Bali is an ideal sanctuary for learning and practicing yoga due to its textured spirituality as well as the physical beauty of the island. People who come to Ubud can learn and practice yoga to find a sense of true inner peace surrounded by Bali's landscape to greater connect with the inner light that permanently resides in the heart. (Fitness and Yoga Studio in Maya Ubus Resort & Spa)
(And since its all about you, squeeze in few workout or run if you want.)
6. Meet New People to Broaden your Horizons Balinese are truly the friendliest people. Their friendliness and genuine warmth have made tourist feel at home. It's also an amazing feeling to learn new perspectives from other people. Sometimes, the best thing that can happen while traveling, are the people you meet along the way. I've learned so much and had a few life-changing conversations from strangers who left me inspired for life by sharing their stories, backgrounds and experiences that I will continue to treasure for a lifetime.
7. Find Peace, Get Energized and Pamper Yourself! We all need some downtime, some peace, and the energy before returning to the world right? It's never a bad idea to heal yourself and to enjoy the moment to find tranquility. You also cannot come to Bali without experiencing being pampered and booking the Bali spa experience. What's even more amazing is that its SO cheap! Literally, you can book a whole day spa with lunch included without breaking a bank. That's what makes Bali the spa escape destination! (The Spa at Maya Ubud)
(Flower bath right next to the river..)
(The little villa was all to myself! Privacy at its best.)
8. Enjoy a Sunrise To Embrace and Appreciate Life Wake up with a positive attitude. Be grateful for your good health, and your life in general. Appreciate the beauty of your surrounding and soak up the positive spiritual energy this places gives you. Enjoy the calming sound of the flowing water, the soothings sound of the birds, and witness the beauty of a sunrise. The best way to start your day right.
There's SO much to do in Bali, and definitely a place that has something for everyone to enjoy. My experience was truly remarkable and I highly recommend adding this gorgeous destination in your bucket-list! P.S - Please do not drink their tap water and be mindful of where you eat. If you have sensitive stomach like I do, always eat at a very respectable restaurant or place to prevent getting sick. Always use bottled water to brush your teeth as well and it would be helpful to get a few shot preventions before traveling here. Always do your research and don't forget to have a lot of fun! LOVE,