12 Best Perspective To Live By For A Better Life
Nowadays, our world is surrounded by so much negativity and a fatalistic way of thinking where people over criticize each other, and everything that is going on around them. This type of attitude is one of the reasons why we are losing our capabilities to see the fun, and mischievous form of life. It's an attitude that corrupts our mind and soul that prevents us from striving to live a better life. In my opinion, the only way you can achieve greatness in life is if you model the "greatness" way of thinking.
So why not be the "model" you are meant to be?
Some people learn perspective when they're five, and others when they're 70. Once someone acquire perspective, whether through a regret, a tragedy, or an event that completely changed their life, they will realize its importance and wonder how they were able to live their life without it in the first place.
Why is perspective so important?
Having perspective is important to live a better life. Perspective remind us what is important and what is not. It helps us pick our battles and learn to easily let go those things that we probably shouldn't be dwelling on for too long in the first place. It allows us to move on, to not let the small petty stuff get in the way, and it teaches us how to handle the bigger problems in a much more reasonable way.
Perspective doesn't make the problem go away, it doesn't fix struggle, regret, or tragedy. What it does is, it allows you to live better for the rest of your life. It reminds you of whats important and it teaches you to be more calm, think clearly, be less frustrated, and to see the big picture instead of focusing on what's in front of you. It helps you discover the true meaning and importance of life.
I will be sharing a few perspectives that I learned that changed my life through my very own experiences hoping it can change yours as well.
12 Best Perspectives For A Better Life
1. Celebrate love - We are too focus on finding what is wrong with people, in our relationships, and in the world, that we forget the most important part - to be kind and to give love. Love is a powerful thing and a great key to finding peace and happiness within our inner souls. Don't push love away, and don't be too hard on it. Learn to accept and celebrate it. Give love to your loved ones, give love to your neighbors, and give love to strangers and to the world. Imagine how great life can be with so much love to give and to share?
2. Never let go of hope - when you find hope, hold on to it and never let go. Life is like a roller coaster and there are a ton of ups and down. You need that hope to carry you back up when life brings you down. Remember, "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." - Da le Carnegie.
3. Happiness is a choice, so choose wisely - just like what Dodinsky said, "the key to being happy is knowing you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go." Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy, and your happiness will not come to you, it will come from you. Be wise.
4. Contentment - comes from many great and small acceptance in life. Satisfaction in life rises when you know you are exactly where you belong. Being content doesn't mean you don't desire more, it means you are thankful for what you have and patient for whats to come in the future.
5. Complain less - sometimes, it feels better to speak your mind and say the things that bothers you. But know that complaining will not get you anywhere unless you do something to make a change of the situation.
6. Forgive more, blame less - instead of looking for justification, look to find ways how to find it within you to forgive and let go. The past only matters in how you redeem it. It doesn't define you, imprison, or hold you back. Learn to move on and change the circumstances. Even with no apologies were given, forgive for the sake of your well being and your peace of mind. Take responsibility of all the possibilities of why a situation occur and learn to accept that nothing and nobody is perfect including you.
7. Embrace the differences you have with others - strangers, friends and family that frustrates or annoys you because they can't seem to grasp the point you are trying to get may be a gift given to view life a different way. Remind your self that differences is what teaches us growth, understanding and forgiveness. They give us a wider outlook and perspective that is beneficial in living a better life.
8. Don't compare your life with others - you will get nowhere if you constantly compare your success with other people. Success doesn't always come with how much money you make, how big your house is, how many vacations you take, or how nice your car is. Success comes with how happy and content you are with the life you have now. Focus on your life only and priorities that means more to you. You wont be distracted by comparison if we are captivated with purpose.
9. Not everything has to make sense - don't worry too much of why things happened the way they did. Sometimes, love, beauty and goodness don't make absolute sense in life and certain things in life happened because they did with no apparent reason. Just breathe, let it pass by and things will be fine.
10. Life is sweeter when you appreciate and celebrate the moment - Did your spouse brought you your favorite food after work? Did you watch your favorite movie? Sometimes, you need to remind yourself why we are here in this world and who do we stay alive for. The more we appreciate the little things, the sweeter life gets.
11. Social media is a community, not a place to showcase your life - the less we use social media to validate and prove ourselves, the better the space becomes for everyone on it. It's a community to support and help each other, not a place for competition.
12. Give credit - it is very hard for some people to give credit to the once who deserve it. But why? We all learn something new from people, and sometimes we also learn something that is beneficial to us even from our own enemies. Tell someone if they impacted your life in a positive way, or if they inspire you to be better. Competitive nature can be good but it also can be bad and has its limits. If you base your life on who does it better, you will never be truly happy. No matter how much you show people how "perfect" your life seem, the truth always comes out and you can't never hide a misery.
"Life is a journey, and only you hold the key. Everyone wants a better life, but very few of us want to be better people. Be one of the very few." <3