28 Facts About Me
OH MY GOODNESS!
This girl is 28?!?!
(Picture taken by Marc A.)
That's exactly two years before I turn 30, and 12 years before I turn 40. HAH! My friends think I'm crazy when I overreact that way. But trust me, time flies and before you know it, things aren't the same anymore. In a blink of an eye, everything will change and you will end up in a whole different chapter of your life.
It feels like it was just yesterday when I was a few months old and all I did was eat, play, poop, and sleep. As you can see, I've always had that chubbiness in me and that thick crazy hair that drives me insane sometimes.
I know, I know... I should never complain about having so much hair, which I am now learning to love and appreciate more. "You just gotta love what you got!" ;)
So, how did I get here?!
I'm very grateful for the opportunity to live another year of my life. 28 years of living has its ups and down but overall, amazing. I'm praying for many more healthy, adventurous and joyful years to come. As I grow older, I learned more about who I truly am. The things I like, things I'm not a big fan of and a few accomplishments that shaped the person I am now.
To celebrate my 28 years of being alive, I decided to write 28 facts about me. I mean, it is my birthday, so lets make this post something about this girl right here! ;)
So here it goes.....
28 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. YES, I am Filipino! - believe it or not.
2. I am the youngest of three. I have an older brother and an older sister.
3. Born a Catholic - I was baptized in a Roman Catholic church and attended a private Catholic school from Pre-k through 7th grade.
4. I was a fat/chubby little girl - something so hard to believe for many. I used to hate vegetables and would vomit when I put one in my mouth. I used to fight with my parents about finishing my food because when it consists of anything healthy, I refused to eat it. Anything sweet and anything fried were my best friends. I was teased and was called, "piggy" and when I was 11 years old, I decided to stop eating rice for dinner so I can lose some weight. Ever since then, I've always been weight and health conscious and vegetables are now my new best friends. hah!
6. I played piano - this is something I truly regret not continuing now that I'm older. My mom put me into piano lessons when I was young and completed the whole year of it. I learned to read notes and played the sound of music during my recital. I enjoyed it and was a very quick learner. After my end of the year recital, I called it quits and told my mom because my teacher was mean. SERIOUSLY?!
7. I believe in God - I don't always talk about being a believer, but I'm working on practicing my faith as I get older.
8. I paint sometimes! - An artist when she feels like it. That's me. I need to make time to learn more techniques. I am capable of so much more but I just never got around to it. I was self taught and when I was in school, most of my paintings were all submitted by my teachers to compete and I won a few. I regret not keeping any of them because back then, I had no attachments with art. I'm now a little rusty that needs practice.
9. I like to keep everything clean and neat. I'm a little OCD
10. My favorite colors are white, neutrals and pink.
11. I'm obsessed with scented candles!
12. Not your make-up girl - If you have any make up questions, I am not your girl. Sadly, I don't own any foundations or contouring products. As much as I would like to learn to do my own make-up especially on special occasions, I just don't have the patience and being allergic to many products doesn't help either. I keep it basic most of the time. Gloss, mascara and blush, done!
13. Antarctica and visiting the penguin colony is my dream bucket-list
14. I find home-stuff shopping/decorating so much fun!
15. I have a hard time following recipes - If you're telling me to put a whole stick of butter in it, then we have a problem. Expect me to replace ingredients and don't expect for it to also taste the same. LOL
16. I love nature and waterfalls
17. I will ONLY own white cars
18. I love pampering products
19. I like and enjoy fashion - I like clothes, I like to dress-up, cute shoes and handbags. I just have to chill a little bit right now. Priorities changed.
21. I've been with my partner for 11 years and married for 4 years
22. I like to listen to classical music and calming music such as nature, spa music, etc.
23. I love to travel and experience the world - duh!
24. I completed a half-ironman and I am full-marathon finisher
25. Chocolates makes me sick and I have gluten sensitivity - sadly, but its true. I've experienced nausea, vomit and etc. after having some.. BUT I just can't seem to stop eating them. LOL
26. I love my family and friends- The love of a family is life's greatest blessings.
Find your tribe, love them hard. - Friends
27. I love waking up early
28. My life goal is to make the best of life and to make memories along the way
Life is precious and life is a gift. I am very excited to embark and discover what God has in store for me. Whatever it is, I will welcome it with an open arm.
"You should never regret anything in life. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad, its an experience."
P.S Thank you for all the birthday greetings! I am on my way to celebrate my birthday in Iceland and I cannot wait to share it with you soon! <3